- cognitive skills – like math and problem solving in a pretend grocery store
- physical abilities – like balancing blocks and running on the playground
- new vocabulary – like the words they need to play with toy dinosaurs
- social skills – like playing together in a pretend car wash
- literacy skills – like creating a menu for a pretend restaurant
Learning is also about knowing how to get along with others. The Learning Gardens uses the Second Step Early Learning Program in your child’s preschool classroom to teach these important skills. The Second Step program teaches skills empathy, emotional behaviors and how to make meaningful relationships.