Toddler Unit Teacher: 8:45 a.m.-5:45 p.m. (currently interviewing; this position is full-time)
Spanish Teacher: 9:00-11:30 a.m. (currently interviewing; this position is part-time)
What We Do
- The Learning Gardens provides exceptional child care and leads the field in early childhood education.
- Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family
- Encourages each child’s family to be actively involved in our program
- Promotes feelings of security and trust in toddlers
- Greets infants and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning and afternoons
- Create rich learning experiences and opportunities for growth
- Document milestones and celebrate successes with parents
- Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- A love for children is of utmost priority
- Ideal candidates would hold either an associate or bachelor degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Previous knowledge and experience regarding City of Madison Accreditation standards
- Well-versed understanding of Wisconsin Department of Children & Families licensing rules
- Child and infant CPR/AED
- Child and infant First Aid
- Shaken Baby Syndrome training
- Child Abuse & Neglect certification
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome training
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic personality
- Open communication skills
- Willingness to support and join an outstanding team
Why The Learning Gardens
- Child care discount
- Healthcare benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401K with employer contribution,
- Generous PTO package,
- Employer paid life insurance
- Gorgeous work environment
- Team atmosphere with
Want to Know More?
- Visit our fantastic website to learn more www.learninggardens.com
- Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/The-Learning-Gardens-583146418407714/ We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply!
Please send a resume to Nichole Genz, Executive Director at email@example.com in order to be considered for any position.
Do you want to see what we are all about? Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/The-Learning-Gardens-583146418407714/ We are an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must send a current resume to Nichole Genz at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for any position.
Employment Forms & Resources
Application for Employment: employment-application
Wisconsin Department of Child and Families Group Child Care Licensing Rule Book: licensing-manual
City of Madison Child Care Accreditation Standards: standardsrevision
Staff Record: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0053.pdf
Background Disclosure Form: background-disclosure-form
How to Schedule a Fieldprint Livescan Appointment: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccregulation/cbc/how-to-employees.pdf
Staff Orientation Checklist: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/2255.pdf
Staff Continuing Education Record: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0053a.pdf
Staff Health Report: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0054.pdf
Staff-To-Child Ratio Worksheet: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0078.pdf
It Shouldn’t Hurt to be a Child: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/publications/pdf/0101.pdf
Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System; Mandated Reporter Online Training: http://wcwpds.wisc.edu/mandatedreporter/
New York Loves Safe Babies: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/prevention/tips.asp
Safe Sleep for your Baby: https://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs/Documents/Safe_Sleep_Baby_English.pdf
American Red Cross; First Aid, CPR & AED: http://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m55540601_FA-CPR-AED-Part-Manual.pdf
Basic First Aid: http://co.grand.co.us/DocumentCenter/View/555
Best Practices; Child Guidance: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/guiding-behavior-toddlers.pdf
Diapering & Handwashing: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/diapering.pdf
Wisconsin Childhood Communicable Disease Chart: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44397.pdf
Ages & Stages; Newborn through Eleven Years: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/ages-and-stages.pdf