About the Madison Metropolitan School District
The MMSD is committed to ensuring that every school is a thriving school that prepares every student graduate high school well-equipped for college, careers and their community.
Developed together with our staff, families, students and community members, our Strategic Framework describes our strategy as a district. Together, we have set out to close the gaps in opportunity that lead to gaps in achievement, and to be the model of what a strong, successful public school district looks like.
For general information about the schools and the school district, you are invited to contact us.
Madison Metro School District 2017-2018 Calendar
Vision, Mission & Beliefs
Vision: All students will live, work and thrive as contributing and valued members of our community
Mission: To achieve MMSD Vision 2030, we work collaboratively to provide high-quality, equitable, inclusive instruction and services to engage all students in high levels of learning.
- We believe that excellent public education is necessary for ensuring a democratic society.
- We believe in the abilities of every individual in our community and the value of their life experiences.
- We believe in an inclusive community in which all have the right to contribute.
- We believe we have a collective responsibility to create and sustain a safe environment that is respectful, engaging, vibrant and culturally responsive.
- We believe that every individual can learn and will grow as a learner.
- We believe in continuous improvement informed by critical evaluation and reflection.
- We believe that resources are critical to education and we are responsible for their equitable and effective use.
- We believe that dimensions of identity (race, disability, sexual orientation, gender or language) are assets which enhance curriculum, instruction and school culture.
- We believe in culturally relevant education that provides the knowledge and skills to meet the global challenges and opportunities of the 21stcentury.