Building Support Teachers: 8:45 a.m.-5:45 p.m. (currently interviewing; this position is full-time)
Toddler Unit Teacher: 8:45 a.m.-5:45 p.m. (currently interviewing; this position is full-time)
Spanish Teacher: 9:00-11:30 a.m. (currently interviewing; this position is part-time)
What We Do
- The Learning Gardens provides exceptional child care and leads the field in early childhood education.
- Maintains an open, friendly, and cooperative relationship with each child and family
- Encourages each child’s family to be actively involved in our program
- Promotes feelings of security and trust in toddlers
- Greets infants and their parents warmly and with enthusiasm each morning and afternoons
- Create rich learning experiences and opportunities for growth
- Document milestones and celebrate successes with parents
- Attends all training opportunities and staff meetings as provided and scheduled
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- A love for children is of utmost priority
- Ideal candidates would hold either an associate or bachelor degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
- Previous knowledge and experience regarding City of Madison Accreditation standards
- Well-versed understanding of Wisconsin Department of Children & Families licensing rules
- Child and infant CPR/AED
- Child and infant First Aid
- Shaken Baby Syndrome training
- Child Abuse & Neglect certification
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome training
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic personality
- Open communication skills
- Willingness to support and join an outstanding team
Why The Learning Gardens
- Child care discount
- Healthcare benefits
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401K with employer contribution,
- Generous PTO package,
- Employer paid life insurance
- Gorgeous work environment
- Team atmosphere with
Want to Know More?
- Visit our fantastic website to learn more www.learninggardens.com
- Like us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/The-Learning-Gardens-583146418407714/ We are an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply!
Please send a resume to Hope Wakeley or Rachel Hess, Co-Executive Director at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for any position.
Do you want to see what we are all about? Like us on Facebook! We are an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants must send a current resume to Hope Wakeley or Rachel Hess at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for any position.
Employment Forms & Resources
Application for Employment: employment-application
Wisconsin Department of Child and Families Group Child Care Licensing Rule Book: licensing-manual
City of Madison Child Care Accreditation Standards: standardsrevision
Staff Record: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0053.pdf
Background Disclosure Form: background-disclosure-form
How to Schedule a Fieldprint Livescan Appointment: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccregulation/cbc/how-to-employees.pdf
Staff Orientation Checklist: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/2255.pdf
Staff Continuing Education Record: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0053a.pdf
Staff Health Report: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0054.pdf
Staff-To-Child Ratio Worksheet: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/forms/pdf/0078.pdf
It Shouldn’t Hurt to be a Child: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/publications/pdf/0101.pdf
Wisconsin Child Welfare Professional Development System; Mandated Reporter Online Training: http://wcwpds.wisc.edu/mandatedreporter/
New York Loves Safe Babies: http://ocfs.ny.gov/main/prevention/tips.asp
Safe Sleep for your Baby: https://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs/Documents/Safe_Sleep_Baby_English.pdf
American Red Cross; First Aid, CPR & AED: http://www.redcross.org/images/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m55540601_FA-CPR-AED-Part-Manual.pdf
Basic First Aid: http://co.grand.co.us/DocumentCenter/View/555
Best Practices; Child Guidance: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/guiding-behavior-toddlers.pdf
Diapering & Handwashing: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/diapering.pdf
Wisconsin Childhood Communicable Disease Chart: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/publications/p4/p44397.pdf
Ages & Stages; Newborn through Eleven Years: https://dcf.wisconsin.gov/files/ccic/pdf/ages-and-stages.pdf